Senior Project Designer
Working within a collaborative design studio environment, this position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and execute signage and wayfinding projects for hospitals, college/university campuses and other public environments as part of a project team;
- Develop schedules to meet project deliverables;
- Manage clients and design support by providing deadlines for drawing, nomenclature, budget and project approvals;
- Schedule suppliers, production and installation requirements to meet client & internal deadlines;
- Manage and maintain client and internal project budgets;
- Create and refine signage drawings, specifications, graphic standards and other documents pertaining to signage and wayfinding programs;
- Create and refine message schedules and location plans;
- Report on project status and keep internal management and clients up to date with project progress;
- Ensure and double check all project documentation is accurate and meets project requirements;
- Build client relationships, both new and existing.
- Five years experience in a design project environment;
- Proven experience in a project management role on large scale initiatives;
- Ability to provide direction, assemble and coordinate project team and other staff;
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) or equivalent;
- Degree/diploma from a recognized University or College;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Well organized and proven ability to problem solve;
- Ability to work autonomously and juggle multiple high priority clients/projects.
Also an Asset:
- Experience in project management software;
- Experience working on signage and wayfinding programs;
- Experience working with fabricators, suppliers and other vendors to supply client products;
- CAD experience – AutoDesk or Vectorworks; and/or SketchUp
- Knowledge and understanding of building codes and accessibility standards.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position in the subject line.