The Milton District Hospital expansion project, took the 125,000 square feet of existing space, and added 330,000 square feet of additional space and services. The expansion included larger emergency and surgical services, medical/surgical inpatient units, critical care, maternal newborn, and diagnostic imaging services. The overall capacity increased from 63 to 129 inpatient beds, and the hospital’s first MRI machine.
Modulex Americas role in the expansion project included working with the architect, interior design, and construction teams, along with the client. Further engaged as the supply and implementation team, Modulex Americas provided all wayfinding and donor signage for the expansion and the existing hospital to allow for a seamless program. A user engagement process that was second to none, has resulted in a signage and wayfinding system that was implemented on time and within budget, with great success and functionality at the opening of the new expansion.
Features of the Program:
- Simple, user focused nomenclature
- Colour coding within complex departments, such as Emergency & Diagnostic Imaging
- The use of local imagery as both landmarks for wayfinding & a connection to the community of users
- Changeable & Cost-Effective product solutions for long-term life cycles
- Separate, but coordinated donor recognition
- Accessible & Adaptable signage program for all the hospital’s various needs.