Project Designer Signage and Wayfinding
Modulex Miami is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Project Designer. The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team. S/he will be responsible for client facing, project management and design activity from start to finish; accountable for deliverables/outcomes, budgets and schedule adherence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall project coordination/management
- Wayfinding/sign planning: location, type, messaging etc.
- Design: conceptual and graphic design, product/material specification/design development.
- Coordinate and oversee vendors during fabrication and installation: ensure adherence to specification, quality control, schedule etc.
- Client facing activities: communication, presentations, coordination etc.
- Proactively identifies and manages risks within projects.
- Manage/record time and billing on projects.
- Exceptional Organizational, Time Management and Project Management skills are mandatory.
- Has professional understanding of–and experience working with– architectural plans and drawing packages.
- Must be fully proficient and skilled in the Adobe suite; must be an expert user of Illustrator and InDesign .
- Has exceptional design skill and the ability to clearly communicate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal (in person and telephone) and written.
- Experience with Filemaker is an asset.
- Extreme attention to detail, while working efficiently and maintaining a schedule.
- Ability to manage concurrent deadlines and work under pressure.
Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Must have advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Excel
- Expert Project Management, Time Management and Organizational skills essential.
- Have an understanding of signage industry materials, finishes and fabrication techniques.
- Capable of specifying Environmental Graphic Design/signage/wayfinding concepts for manufacture.
Compensation: Hourly Rate to be negotiated, dependent upon experience.
To apply, email your cover letter, online portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.