Project Designer and Administrator
Modulex Ontario is seeking an energetic and highly organized Project Designer and Administrator for a 1 year contract role due to a maternity leave. The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team. S/he will be responsible for client and project processing, from start to finish; account setup, quotes, invoices, correspondence, RFP review and bid packages, along with administrative duties for the office. Flexible part-time and/or full-time opportunity.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Assist team with Design, Planning, Project Coordination/Management
- Maintain, Process and Manage Filemaker for quotes, invoices, schedule and assist M.D. with weekly projections.
- Check and match invoices and purchase orders and file keeping.
- Provide support to Managing Director as required, including project management support, proofreading documents, and internet research;
- Coordinate and support administrative functions on large projects, including meeting minutes, file organization, presentations, supplier sourcing, estimating and budget documentation;
- Respond to requests from clients and assist sales, PM’s and managing director with coordination and communication.
- Develop schedules to meet project deliverables and oversee supplier contracts.
- Manage clients and design support by providing deadlines for drawing, nomenclature, budget and project approvals;
- Schedule suppliers, production and installation requirements to meet client & internal deadlines.
- Report on project status and keep internal management and clients up to date with project progress;
- Manage/record time and billing on projects, check all project documentation for accuracy.
- Office and kitchen supplies as well as general office operations.
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and project management skills.
- Must be proficient with Filemaker, Microsoft Office 365 and Mac OS.
- Have an understanding and experience working with architectural plans and drawing packages.
- Adobe suite; Illustrator and InDesign experience is a big asset.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal (in person and telephone) and written.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Extreme attention to detail, while working efficiently and maintaining a schedule.
- Ability to manage concurrent deadlines and work under pressure.
Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have an understanding of signage industry materials, finishes and fabrication techniques.
- Have Filemaker and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Financial and Book Keeping background an asset.
Hourly rate to be negotiated, dependent upon experience.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the position in the subject line.