Business Development & Sales Representative
Modulex Alberta, is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and (B2B) client-focused individual to develop and grow business through the creation of new business relationships and converting those relationships into major projects. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of related experience with a proven, successful sales record. We are seeking an exceptional and dynamic individual with aentrepreneurial spirit to join our team, and the following outline describes the key tasks that will be required, and the skills and attributes required to complete them.
Duties + Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Managing Director, AB; the candidate will be responsible for business development within the Edmonton area and wider region that ensures that monthly sales targets are met;
• Responding to daily sales activities and developing new sales initiatives;
• Responsible for closing / converting business development leads into new contracts / revenue;
• Managing client contract/fee negotiation;
• Networking within the business community;
• Researching business news and communications for signage and wayfinding opportunities;
• Creating, managing and updating sales pipeline technologies and CRM (Salesforce) to measure performance and track progress;
• Manage lead generation programs, selected vendors and marketing intelligence resources;
• Write and prepare business development proposals and RFP responses to respond to opportunities;
• Participate in the conceptual and strategic development of new marketing tools and programs as required;
• Further develop key accounts within the market place;
• Engage with existing clients to develop opportunities beyond current scope;
• Perform all necessary duties as part of the sales cycle, including, but not limited to, project / client cold calls, preparing quotes, client presentations, training seminars for clients, and/or managing projects as it relates to the sales process; and
• Aware of design industry and business trends.
Metrics for Performance:
• Progress reports detailing pursuit activities including: priority projects, project status changes, introductions / letters / cards and proposals sent, meetings held, presentations given, and pipeline outlook;
• Won / lost opportunities;
• Monthly new contract values; and
• Short & long-term forecasting.
Skills + Attributes:
• Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills;
• Client management and services experience;
• Excellent sales and negotiating skills / experience;
• Desktop publishing (InDesign, PowerPoint / Keynote) and computer skills;
• Understanding of a design/build/manage business model;
• Innovative / progressive;
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative;
• Exceptional work ethic;
• Approachable, cooperative and professional demeanor;
• Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines; and
• An entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
Salary (advance) and commission based on experience, target 10% of sales
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position in the subject line.