PROJECT UPDATE | 10.18.17
The Betsy – South Beach Expansion has been Completed!
The Betsy’s expansion joined the work of two architects who are widely recognized as leaders in the creation of Miami Beach: L. Murray Dixon, who designed The Betsy Ross in 1941, the area’s sole example of Florida Georgian architecture – a Colonial style, and Henry Hohauser, known for his quintessential Art Deco styling who designed the immediately adjacent building, formerly known as The Carlton Hotel, in 1937.
The Colonial Wing welcomes arriving hotel guests and house the Front Desk, the Lobby Salon, the Lobby Bar, our restaurant, LT Steak & Seafood by award-winning Chef Laurent Tourondel, the B Bar lounge, the Ocean Front Deck, The Wellness Garden & Spa, and The Writer’s Room. Fifty-eight rooms, including nineteen suites, are located in this wing.
The Art Deco Wing faces Collins Avenue and features The Conservatory, Library, a Work Room The Gallery, the Skyline Deck, a Rooftop Pool with 360 degree views as well 70 additional rooms and suites, 30 of them with balconies.
For this project the owner shared a piece of wallpaper she loved and felt it represented The Betsy hotel perfectly. The Modulex Miami team were able to copy the wallpaper, and replicate the exact design onto the signs. The signs look and feel like the wallpaper sample provided, which is carried out throughout the building.